This is all my weaknesses in a torte....Chocolate, cardamom, crunchy shell and a rich soft velvety centre....I like to call it a chocolate crack cake cause well it's cracked appearance and it's as addictive as.... you get it....
Anyway, here's the recipe
- 345 grams of dark chocolate (70%)
- 170 grams of unsalted butter
- 6 organic eggs at room temperature
- 300 grams of raw sugar (billingtons is best as it retains molasses)
- 1 gram (1 tsp) ground cardamom
- .75 grams (1/4 tsp) salt
- Cocoa powder to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C, line a 20cm springform pam with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl, place the bowl over a simmering pot of water, stir gently until melted.
- Set the chocolate butter mixture aside for five minutes to cool.
- While you're waiting for the chocolate to cool, place the sugar in your food processor, pulse until the sugar is the texture of caster sugar.
- Place the eggs, sugar and cardamom in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat at medium speed with the paddle attachment for 6-8 minutes or until thickened.
- Fold in the chocolate until combined. Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 1hr and 10 minutes..
- Let the cake cool completly on a wire rack before removing from the tin, dust with cacoa powder before serving.